Subscribe
Add to Technorati Favourites
Add to del.icio.us
Feb 19, 2009

ANOTHER SURVIVOR ON SHOWBIZ

Posted by Shee

By: Mario Bautista

AFTER JC TIUSECO,
another "Survivor" recruit joins showbiz, the hunky John Lopez who stands 6 ft. tall and weighs 160 lbs. Born in Baao, Camarines Sur on April 5, 1981, he's the eldest of three kids. He was in grade one when their family moved to Pasay, where he grew up. He finished elementary and high school at San Isidro Catholic Church in Pasay and got a degree in computer science from AMA. He first worked as a cafe barista for Seattle's Best in Greenbelt 3 then as salesman for Bulgari Philippines. He also took up automotive technology at Don Bosco as he wants to put up a motor shop.


"People tell me to go into modeling because of my height but I was so underweight," he says. "I resigned from work and devoted four months to working out in the gym. Dun, may nag-alok na sa'kin ng modeling and they got me as Folded & Hung image model after Polo Ravales. I did other commercials after that then I was offered to join the audition at GMA-7 for 'Survivor' at sinuwerte namang makuha ko. I stayed in Ko Tarutao Island for 16 days, until I broke down due to lack of potassium. Kasi before I went in, hindi ako kumakain to make sure lean ang katawan ko. I thought they're going to feed us there, kahit sa gabi, but it turned out wala talagang pagkain so naubos lahat agad ng stored fats ko and I broke down. But because of that, I learned to value my life more."

He's now part of "Daisy Siete" and is sold as a sex object. Does he mind? "No. I'm flattered nga kasi it means may sex appeal ka, di ba? In 'Survivor', I'm always shirtless and in my shorts kaya napansin ang porma ng katawan ko. I became closest to Jace Flores sa 'Survivor' kasi pareho kaming mahilig sa gym."

He has had three girlfriend so far. "Longest yung high school, four years din kami. The last one, four months lang. We broke up kasi ayaw niya kong sumali."

Did he join "Survivor" to get into showbiz? "No. I just want to see what really happens in a reality show. At first, akala ko, scripted lang ang lahat. Hindi pala. Then when I was cast off, people told me dapat tuloy na ko sa showbiz and this offer to be Rochelle Pangilinan's leading man came so I accepted it."

Is he really now courting Rochelle? "No. But it's easy to fall for her kasi mabait siya. She knows I have no previous acting experience so she's very supportive. I really want to take acting workshops now to show I'm serious in wanting to hone my craft. I also want to try hosting."

Given the chance, will he join "Survivor" again? "Yes, but next time, I'll put on an additional 20 lbs. muna para hindi na uli ako mag-breakdown."

0 comments:

Post a Comment