Subscribe
Add to Technorati Favourites
Add to del.icio.us
Mar 10, 2009

WHAT'S WRONG WITH MIKE TAN???

Posted by Shee

By: Mario Bautista

MIKE TAN
was the big winner in Starstruck Batch 2 but Batch 4 winner, Aljur Abrenica, is now the lead actor in "Dapat Ka Bang Mahalin" and he just plays a supporting role in it. Even the late Marky Cielo, Batch 3 winner, had more assignments than him before he passed away. Writers at the presscon of "Dapat Ka Bang Mahalin?" are all wondering why Mike's career is lagging behind when he has the advantage of height, is equally good-looking and can also act.


"Honestly, I myself am asking the same question," he says. "Iniisip ko na lang na I'm still waiting for my own break kasi sabi, pana-panahon daw yan. In the meantime, I just do my best to whatever they assign to me and hopefully, darating din ang time ko. But there are times when I get discouraged at iniisip ko nga, kapag matumal pa rin ang jobs for me this year, I'll just go back to college."

His last soap was "Maging Akin Ka Lamang" more than half a year ago. "Ang tagal ko ngang walang trabaho but I'm glad kasi maganda naman ang role ko in 'Dapat Ka Bang Mahalin' as Kris Bernal's elder brother. Our dad is a cop, Juan Rodrigo, and he was so happy when I passed the PMA exams at akala niya, susunod ako sa yapak niya. But then, nabuntis ko si Maybelyn de la Cruz kaya maaga kong nag-asawa. He's disappointed in me and this gets worse when Kris elopes with Aljur at maaga ring nag-asawa. Ako, naging pabigat sa family namin as I'm jobless."

Come to think of it, no one in their batch really made it big. His runnerup, CJ Muere, has gone back to school while the girls, Ryza Cenon and LJ Reyes, also have lukewarm careers. Mike admits he and LJ went steady for 10 months. "After we broke up, hindi muna kami nagpapansinan kasi pareho kaming nabigla sa breakup namin. But now, we're good friends again. Wala ng ilangan and we now talk."

Mike is very serious in improving his craft as an actor and took acting lessons with CCPs' Nanding Josef who then cast him as Elias in a staging of "Noli Me Tangere". "I enjoyed the experience so much and I really learned a lot. It made me realize how serious the job of acting is. I'd really like to do theatre again kasi ibang-ibang mundo yun. Right now also, I'm shooting an indie film, 'Marino', where I play the younger brother of Allen Dizon who's a seaman married to Ara Mina na kasama ko rin sa 'Dapat Ka Bang Mahalin'. Ako rin, I want to be a seaman like my brother in the story."

0 comments:

Post a Comment